This release is a major release and includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.
- Full support for Variant/Product Line Coevolution with pure::variants Update Transformations. Learn More
- Connectors for IBM Jazz-based tools provide support for Global Configuration Concepts
- New Connector for MagicDraw. See the Connector in Action
- Support for Office 2016
- Full use of capabilities of 64bit operating systems
- More Variability and Variant Analysis Capabilities
We compiled the most relevant changes into a Release 4.0 Overview document.
The update is highly recommended for all users.
The full list of changes is in the Changelog.
Important Changes in pure::variants 4.0
Please check, the changes below may affect your use of pure::variants 4.0
- New License Files Required
- Minimum Java Version Java 7 (pure::variants 3.2.xx: Java 5)
- Recommended Java Version Java 8
- Minimum Supported Eclipse Version Eclipse 3.6 (pure::variants 3.2.xx: Eclipse 3.5)
- Recommended Eclipse Version Eclipse 3.8
- Deprecated Functionality Use of pvProlog expressions. pvProlog will be fully supported in all 4.0 releases but support will be removed in future major releases.