pure::variants for IBM Rational DOORS NG® is a tool to manage variability in your requirements and helps you create and maintain reusable requirements within DOORS NG Modules
The DOORS Next Generation (DNG) integration with pure::variants enables Feature-Driven Product Line Engineering (PLE) and Variants Management directly within DNG, including support for structural and parametric variation, streams, and global configurations. The combination of DNG and pure::variants enables Systematic Reuse of requirements across product lines and helps manage the complexity of cross-dependencies and dependency chains between systems, requirements and features.
Benefits of pure::variants for DOORS NG
- Enables smooth transition to systematic variant management and requirements reuse. Can use existing DOORS NG® Modules and pure::variants models can mirror DOORS NG module hierarchy across the V-Model.
- Manages the complexity of dealing with thousands of requirements and variation points across multiple DOORS NG modules and variants.
- Supports traceability - makes it easy to report on which requirements have been incorporated into which variants.
- Allows you to check the integrity of your Requirements Modules by ensuring you support variability where desired.
- Enables fast and precise decisions to be made about which requirements to select for a product or system variant.
- Provides a rich language for modelling relationships and restrictions between requirements.
- Automatically detects and resolves problems when conflicting requirements are specified.
- Integrates with other systems engineering activities e.g. Architecture Design and Model-based development with pure::variants for IBM Rational Rhapsody® or pure::variants for MATLAB® Simulink®.
- Enterprise-scalable open-standards based technology designed to be integrated as part of an end-to-end solution for Application (ALM) and Product (PLM) Lifecycle Management.
pure::variants for IBM Rational DOORS NG is fully compatible with pure::variants Professional in combination with the pure::variants Connector for IBM Rational DOORS NG and can be upgraded for full-lifecycle integration and orchestration with other development tools.
Click the image to view a quick introduction movie
- Supported development platforms
- Windows 7
- Windows 2003 Server and newer
- Supported IBM Rational DOORS NG versions